Thursday, November 22, 2007

Laid to rest...


It has been a very busy week for our family. My grandfather passed away on Saturday night. It was very peaceful, and you could feel a sense of relief come over my family after he was gone. I cant imagine not believing in heaven at a time like this. I think I would be in despair had I not had complete faith in knowing my papa was in Heaven right now with Jesus. I actually found myself a little jealous. I cant wait for the day when I get to meet the Lord! The funeral was very nice they made the emphasis much more on celebration of life with God then on death. I got to meet a lot of people that knew and loved my granddad, and listen to some very funny stories. All in all my first funeral experience although sad was not to bad. After all of that was over we went and had a really nice dinner at a new french restaurant Brasserie Max and Julie with my immediate family. It was actually my step mothers birthday and we tried to make it a special day for her too. The next weeks and months will be very interesting to see how my family comes together in the absence of my granddad. I am praying that God would do a work in all our lives and teach us more about Him through all of this!

3 comments:

Erin said...

What a beautiful post. I'm sorry for your loss - but glad for the celebration, too!

Ashley M said...

I will be praying for you and your family. Thanks for sharing such a postive outlook on such a difficult situation...

carahinojosa said...

My prayers are with you, Catherine. I lost my little sister 2 years ago at this time of year, so I understand all the emotions...

Your grandpa had a very sweet face.