Saturday, November 17, 2007

8 Miles!!!

Julie and I ran 8 miles this morning!! The longest both of us have run. It was quite a feat. We started off early this morning, the sun was just peaking out over the horizon. The first two miles were a little rough, but we hit our stride and by the fourth mile we were both feeling great. Julie and I have been running buddies since this Summer. We are training to do the Houston half marathon in January. Our runs have been so amazing for me. I don't think I could have stuck with this had it not been for my sweet running buddy. We hold each other accountable to keep running and push each other to run further and faster each time. I remember about a month ago we were running and laughing really loudly. All the other runners on the road were staring at us with these puzzled looks on their faces like these girls are crazy! But our runs are so much fun. We talk, laugh, and have great fellowship. This training period has mirrored exactly what is said in Hebrews 12:1 "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." There have been many early mornings that I have wanted to stay tucked in my cozy bed, but God gently wakes me up and reminds me why I love to run and how good it is for my body. Just like he reminds me how good it is to read His word and how good it is to share the love he has shown me with others!

6 comments:

Steph said...

Well done you! And Julie too. I am proud of you through and through. You're doing great, it's really true. I wanna hug you till your face turns blue. It's been a while, I think we're due!

OK, I'm done. I didn't plan on going into rhyme, but once I noticed the first two lines, I was swept away. What can I say? Good day!

carahinojosa said...

I think Steph has eaten too many pump cran nasties...;)

That's awesome that you have been sticking with it--that's the hardest part.

Jenn said...

woo hoo! way to go catherine! i didnt know you had a blog until i found stephs and now found yours! i'm proud of you. i'd love to see you over christmas break. i cant believe how long its been!

Bri Westbury said...

What a stud! You should have a half marathon party! I see there is a whole blog community here. What have I been missing all this time!

Ashley M said...

Congrats to you (and Julie). Eight miles is a HUGE deal. That's so awesome.

The half marathon will be a breeze, come January!

Coffman Family said...

Wow!! Y'all are amazing! I ran long distance track in high school and NEVER ran that far. I'm so jealous!