Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Currently reading...


I heard a sermon out of Nehemiah this past weekend while we were visiting our dear friends Jared and Robin and their church Paradox. Their pastor Scott did such a wonderful job going through Nehemiah that I have not been able to stop thinking about it. I have been thinking a lot about what it is to have a vision for your life, and to be a visionary person. And to take from Scott's sermon, He talked about how Nehemiah saw what was and saw what could be. I feel like I get caught up sometimes in the small details of life that I cant see the bigger vision that God wants me to see. So I have been asking myself the last few days about what God's vision is for my life, and am I following that vision? I am still very deep in processing my thoughts, and dont have much clear direction yet, but I am so thankful that God uses these simple things in life to cause me to pause and step out of my cookie cutter Sugar Land life for a moment of reflection. More to come as I continue to process!



1 comment:

Steph said...

Awesome! Can't wait to hear more about this!
You are on quite a blog roll, btw! I wish I was. I'm having a little bloggers block at the moment. :(
Oh well, more time to read all of your great blogs :)