Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A french lesson


This post is actually really for my wonderful friend Erin.  She has been asking me to figure out how to pronounce the French word for "Arm Chair."  It is spelled "Fauteuil." And just looking at that you could come up with some pretty funny ways to pronounce it.  Well I have checked my sources and the correct pronounciation of "Fauteuil" is basically saying the word "faux" and "thoy" together quickly in your best French accent!! I love practicing my french, and hopefully we will be going back to France next summer so I better keep practicing!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh, you are AWESOME!! I knew you'd come through! If I knew any other french I would tell you how wonderful you are in all kinds of fancy words but right now all I have is "chic". You are that, but, oh, how 'bout "merci"! Oui, merci, my friend!