Thursday, January 24, 2008

Office decorating...

I have a ton of wall space in my office and have no clue what to put on it. When I first moved in I was all excited about finding the perfect art work for the walls, and would always get jealous when co-works would come in with the perfect art work for their walls. But as time passed and work got busy, my walls were totally neglected. I broke down over the holidays and bought these. And just got them hung up yesterday! So my quest for office art work is back on. Here's my dilemma though. I don't want to spend a ton of money becausem, its my office, and who knows how long I will have the same office. Also the walls in my office are a beige color not white, so I am a bit limited with the type of colors I can choose, and the furniture is all earth tones. I went on etsy to see if there where any cool prints and I found a few that might work to do in a series of three. I would probably matte and frame all of them to give them a little bit of uniform look. Let me know what you think and if you have more suggestions, I am all ears! I never thought decorating an office would be so troublesome. I had so much fun decorating my house, and thought this would be fun too, but it has turned into somewhat of a burden. I want my office to feel warm and inviting, but also somewhat professional...please help!!

6 comments:

Alex & Tonya said...

I totally know where you are coming from!!! Our company will buy us ONE picture for our office....but its so hard because that one picture sets the theme for the whole room. Plus our furniture (i.e. cubicle) is brown and BLUE...so I am very limited as well. Sooo much harder than decorating your home because nothing seems like worth the money. I feel you sister!!

carahinojosa said...

What about some of Mike's photographs? Some of my favorite things in our house are what Freddy has created with his camera and with his computer...

Catherine Haskew said...

Great idea Cara! I was actually thinking of having him take some abstract photos around the hospital I work at. Like pics that you wouldnt be able to tell they were taken at a hospital. Nonethless that is an awesome idea, thanks!!

Erin said...

Yeah, I like the idea of using Mike's pics. Very cool and meaningful! If you do, you have to post pictures!

casey said...

i always get inspiration from domino.com. they have good photo inspiration slides. i also like the idea of something personal, like mikes pictures. don't get discouraged, this can be fun! start with one thing at a time... the furniture, if needed-the arrangement. then one wall at a time. :) can't wait to have pictures!

Steph said...

I couldn't see the prints...when I clicked the link it just told me that my cart was empty...which is true, but I still wanted to see the prints you're looking at. Bummer.

You always do a great job...it'll look beautiful!