Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I am officially a half marathoner!!!

Julie and I completed the half marathon last Sunday. For all those none runners out there that is 13.1 miles!!! Julie's husband Diego did a really great job documenting the day. This is hopefully the first of many races we will compete in together, we had so much fun. We started out the morning in freezing cold (45 degree) weather, but as the sun came up and our heart rates increased the weather was perfect! We met some great people along the race and heard a lot of great music. My favorite was a DJ on the corner of Montrose playing Soulja Boy. He had a little group of kids dancing to the music. It was exactly what I needed to keep running! Julie found a stray puppy that jogged with us for part of the race and I think she would have taken him home if he would have kept up with us. After the race we got loaded up on Advil and spent the rest of the day watching movies. All in all it was a great experience and we are ready for more races!!

This is us before we left for
downtown at 5 a.m.

Us right before the race with thousands of others!

This was us around mile 9, we were laughing at Diego!


And finally us with our medals and finisher shirts! We were so tired we could barely get off the floor. Can't wait to do it again!!



10 comments:

Bri Westbury said...

Yay! Way to go! Ya'll look like you had so much fun! What will you do with your metals?

Erin said...

Here's what I've yet to figure out about marathoners, and you just said it, too: "Man, it was soo hard...I thought I was gonna die, I'm sooooo tired! I can't WAIT to do it again!" Uhhh...what?
For me pain = don't do that again!

Erin said...

But what I also meant to say was: Congratulations and I think that's really awesome!

Catherine Haskew said...

Ever heard of a runners high? Well it's a real thing. About mile 12 (and its different for everyone) I got a huge burst of excitment and joy like I could run up Mt Everest or something like that. That high is what you remember and what you want more of. The other stuff like pain and soreness is just part of the game. And you get medals...everyone like medals! I think we need to go running together so I can show you!

casey said...

great job guys! i commend you, i don't even have the desire to run one mile, so great, great, job on having the desire, strength and passion to run!

Steph said...

I am super proud of you guys! And glad you had such a good time.

What did you write on your arms?

Catherine Haskew said...

We wrote Blonde Ambition on our arms, it was so funny because half way through the race we realized that Julie's writing was smearing so by the end hers read "Blod Ambit" it was hilarious!!

Morgan said...

congrats!! i was thinking about y'all!

Unknown said...

Awesome job Catherine! I surpised we didn't see each other amongst the 17K plus runners.

Maybe next year!

God bless!

Jenn said...

woo hoo!!!!! i'm so proud! not too late to start registering for 2009~!!!