Saturday, May 10, 2008

Back from the real world...

Ok I am just going to pretend like I have not been gone for a month and pick up like I never left the blogosphere. I will for sure explain in later posts the many reasons why I was gone for so long, but for now can we just forget it ever happened? Thanks!

Ok on to more fun things, like our lovely weekend getaway!


We had a wonderful time at Hotel Zaza. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who just needs to get away for a few days. It's the perfect location for a weekend of good restaurants, good running trails, great art, etc.



Friday night we got a bit of a late start to the hotel so we just grabbed late dinner at Hungry's and head to the hotel!



For breakfast we had the most amazing hot chocolate I have ever had...seriously this stuff was the best and I consider myself a hot chocolate aficionado!



We went on a lovely run around Rice University, Mike did so well even though he doesn't love to run like I do. We did a lot of give and take compromising that weekend so we both got to do some of our most favorite things!



We then headed over to the Museum of Fine Arts to see the much anticipated Pompeii exhibit. They had free audio tours to go along with the exhibit to enrich the experience with some background info. We also saw another awesome exhibit by a Japanese artist. She did an entire collection of photographs based on old fairy tales...very dark but very cool!!



Then in honor passover we headed to Katz deli for a late lunch/early dinner. I was starving so I pretty much inhaled my cabbage salad and lox, and mike enjoyed his enormous Reuben sandwich.


On Sunday we got to enjoy a wonderful worship service at Crossbridge, and see a bunch of old friends! And then headed down to Brenham for our weekly visit to our "extended family" at Christ Church where we met this lovely couple!

All in all this was the best little weekend getaway we have ever had!! More pictures and posts to come, and thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh...I feel so blessed. We think you guys are such a lovely couple as well, and are honored to now have you as friends.

So glad that your getaway trip was fun and exciting! Sounds like a wonderful time together.

You guys are so sweet, and we are truly thankful for your coming to Brenham each week!! Can't wait to see you Sunday!

Steph said...

FINALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I am so glad you're back! Can't wait for the pics and to read more about what's been going on.

Love you guys. Thanks for the Brazil's date the other day. We had such a fabulous time. Some of our favorite friends and one of our favorite cafes...what could be better?!