Friday, April 18, 2008

Weekend Getaway!

Mike and I are getting away this weekend...all the way to the museum district in Houston! We aren't going far, but I am so excited to be intentionally "on vacation" for the next few days!! We are staying at Hotel ZaZa, it's the old Warwick hotel right in front of the big fountain off of main street. We have big plans to go to the Museum of Fine Arts and see the Pompeii exhibit, perhaps go to Ruggles for dinner and of course our favorite cafe, Salento for coffee!

Tomorrow we want to visit the new Discovery Green park in downtown, lunch at Fogo de Chao for my little brothers birthday...and hopefully over to the Angelika to see Smart People.

Sunday we are so excited because Mike is taking the day off and we get to go to Crossbridge and visit some old friends! I'm sure there will be a trip to Brasils in there somewhere and hopefully a bit of shopping too, lots of picture taking, Bible reading and fun conversations! Can you tell I've been thinking about this a lot lately???

I hope everyone has a great weekend and I will post picks of ours next week!
A Bientot!

7 comments:

Coffman Family said...

A wonderful mini-vacation! Oh - and the restaurants! Ruggles is one of my favorites - are you going to the Bakery and Cafe or the full restaurant? Mmm, their tres leches is so good!

Ryan "Tank" said...

Sound so fun! do you know what service you're going to on Sunday. Would love to see you so I'll make sure I'm where you are :)

Steph said...

Ah...that all sounds so fun! I hope ya'll have a great time!
See you on Sunday!

crystal said...

cat! so glad you guys get to get away. some of mine and mark's best "vacations" have been when we have spent the weekend somewhere that is just a few minutes from home. have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful comment. You are too sweet. Thank you so much for the prayers, I know they are working. We feel so blessed to meet you and all the wonderful people at Christ Church, what a welcoming group. I look forward to reading your blog more and I will pray for you as well. I hope that your weekend get away is amazing and truly a relaxing time for you and your hubby!

Look forward to getting to know you more and spending more time with you guys when you are here in Brenham.

Love,
Gabriele

Anonymous said...

Hi Catherine, missed you on Sunday. Hope to see you soon!!

Gabriele

Erin said...

Catherine! Off topic, but I had to do a double-take when looking at the zolowear sling webstie. This model looks so much like you!

http://zolowear.blogspot.com/2008/05/photo-shoot.html

~Erin Wallace :D