Tuesday, October 30, 2007

So many thoughts...





As many of you know my Granddad is dying from Cancer. This picture was taken about a year and half ago at my wedding. This was the last time he was feeling well. He's been struggling for the last two years with pancreatic cancer, going between remission and chemo. About a month ago the Docotors finally said they had tried everything they could, but there was nothing left for them to try. My granddad doesn't give up easily. Through his battle with cancer he has always been very optimistic. He would always say "The Lord is not done with him here yet." So it came as a shock for him to hear that this was the end of the road. My family has really been doing a good job of surrounding him with love so that his last months and weeks will be pleasant. It's been a very hard thing for me to watch. It's a strange feeling to talk with someone and spend time with someone that you know will be gone soon. I have never experience a death of a family member so this is all very new to me, but its different then I expected. Maybe it's because he is fully cognitive and can still hold conversations with you, he just doesn't look like someone who is about to die.

Please pray for my granddad. I know he is ready to go to his eternal home, and it's so hard to see him in so much pain.





1 comment:

Steph said...

I love that picture of you and your granddad! You look beautiful.

I will continue to pray! I know you are a blessing to him!
Steph