Friday, October 19, 2007

The Art of Sewing


I have always wanted to learn how to sew, but I am secretly a little afraid of sewing machines. I have used one only once before and I felt like I had no control over what I was doing and thread was going everywhere! But I have been seeing all of my friends make these beautiful creations with sewing machines that I think I want to give it another shot! I was reading the Living magazine and it had a picture of Martha Stewart's sewing machine in it. Apparently you can hook the sewing machine to your computer and choose a pattern to embroider and the sewing machine sews it itself! Technology never ceases to amaze me! So I am on a quest now to find a good inexpensive sewing machine to start my projects. If you have a favorite type or any helpful suggestions, I am all ears! I will post pics when I have started...unless of course they come out terrible in which case we will never speak of sewing again!!
Have a wonderful weekend!! We will be carving pumpkins and making pumpkin goodies!!


4 comments:

Morgan said...

i have always heard that 'singer' is the best brand. that is what my grandma says!! my mom got mine for me from wal-mart, i think, it works pretty well for me! she also just bought one for her from the home shopping network (ha ha!) and it is a digital one. not sure how it works yet... hope that helps!! you could always look on craigslist...

Erin said...

when you want a lesson come on over. I'll trade you for a french pronunciation lesson. Or you can just tell me how to say "fauteuille"!!!!!

Jen said...

I really like my Brother machine. They are fairly inexpensive and easy to use. Mines not the fancy digital kind though, but I mostly just sew things with a straight stitch anyway.

Steph said...

Hey, I have a brand new sewing machine that has yet to be employed. I am dying to learn, I even have beautiful fabric ready to go and everything! Let's learn together! You see Cutshall's invitation up there?...We're takin' it!