Friday, October 12, 2007

Holiday Ball

So this is the logo for the event that has been taking over my life these last few months. It's the American Cancer Society Holiday Ball. But I can see the light at the end of the very dark tunnel I feel like I have been in. The event is in 14 days!!! I cant wait til Oct. 28th...life will be so much sweeter. Now I don't want you to get the wrong impression. I love planning parties but this will probably be the only gala type event that I ever chair. I have a million stories about the trials I have encountered these last few months concerning the event. Most are so ridiculous you probably wouldn't believe me even if I told you, so I will spare you all the details!! Needless to say this time in my life has been teaching me to appreciate more of the simpler things in life. It's seems like the blog world is in to lists and so I have a list of things that have made me smile this past week between all the tears and stress.
+ My hubby taking my car today to get washed
+Getting Christmas present ideas from a craft party I went to tonight...thanks Casey and Morgan!
+Holding a sweet little 6 week old baby
+Going for a run in the cool weather
+Talking with my sweet granddad (he's very sick but his spirits are always high)
+This one is a little silly but the TV show The Office always makes me laugh
+ A random road trip with my best friend Catherine
+ Inside jokes with co-workers
+ Turning of the leaves scented candle
+ The thought that it's almost Christmas!

OK I am off to bed before our busy day tomorrow!!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Hey Girl! I just found your blog! I had no idea you had a blog!!! I love the picture of you and Mike...too cute! Well now that I found ya, I'll be sure to keep checkin'back in! Keep in touch! And have fun at the gala! ;)

Morgan said...

i just found your blog too! i love it!

Jen said...

good seeing you, and glad holding little Kinsey made you smile. I'm pretty sure she was smiling on the inside too. :)