Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A season for forgiveness

So I am totally hanging my head in shame for probably the WORST blog series ever! However with the rumors of major cutbacks at my company I figured my job needed my full attention these last two weeks.  To make up for such a horrible faux pas I hope to have a mass of beautiful posts when we get back from Paris...and maybe a few when we are there as well. For all those out there that did wait 'til the last minute to wrap gifts, or maybe you just like looking at pretty packages here are some favorites I have seen this year. 

{To get this look they used craft paper and decorative foil. You can find the foil at craft stores or stores that specialize in cake baking}

{I realize how much I love the look of craft paper as gift wrap it's simple yet festive. These pompoms where made from leftover yarn. Here is a great pompom tutorial for those like me that cant naturally create beautiful things out of yarn!}

{Here is a more elegant gift wrap option for those that really want to impress, or maybe want to draw the attention away from the gift inside :). Laura Lapin used vinyl wall paper she got at a flea market for the white decorative paper and then red craft paper for the other.  Seriously this Brit is one of the most creative gift wrappers I have ever seen.}

{This little snowman package from dSharp would be a great kids gift wrap option. She used different size circle tags to create the snowman image, but you could use really anything.}
 
{I love these shiny monogram packages!! You can use any font and any paper to personalize it for the person you are giving it to.}

{Ok this is probably the coolest one I have seen. It's vinyl wood-looking paper you can get at a hardware store and homemade snowflakes. I really wanted to do this but I had already bought wrapping paper before I saw this idea...rats!}

{And last but not least for the sewers out there, this is craft paper that is stitched up on the sides and painted to make it look a little more like a gift, perfect for little handmade gifts.}

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas filled with love and peace. See you in the new year!

1 comment:

casey said...

PLEASE post pictures of Paris! I will live through you... :)