Tuesday, December 9, 2008

All buttoned up

Sorry for being such a slacker, work always seems to get in the way of blogging! I have always been a huge fan of old buttons. Last summer when we were dividing up my grandmothers things there was an rusty old baking tin full of old buttons that I just had to have. There so sentimental to me! Any way here are some fun holiday wrapping ideas you can do with buttons...have fun!

This first idea found on Martha would be a fun craft for kids to do.  Simply attach a button to a cork with double-sided tape. Place plain paper on a piece of felt or a folded piece of fabric (this cushions the paper so the mark will be even). And top with a pretty button tied on with baker's twine. A snap!

This next image found on BHG is a perfect use for all those old buttons! You can make pretty much any shape you want. I recommend sketching the shape on paper and arranging the buttons out as you want them before you start gluing. Happy wrapping!


No comments: