Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Vous voulez parler français avec moi?

I am trying to follow through with some of my New Years Resolutions, and brushing up on my French is next on the list. Mike and I have been talking about taking french lessons for about a year and we finally dove in and bought a program. Its called the Rosetta Stone language program, and it comes highly recommended. I was very skeptical at first, but its what the CIA uses to teach their operatives languages so I figured it was good enough for me :). There are three levels and several sections in each level. And it used visual and auditory techniques to help you learn. There is no memorization of vocabulary involved but a lot of sensory repetition. Our goal is to be conversationally fluent by Dec. when we go to Paris. So next time you see me feel free to ask what I am learning. I get really nervous speaking to people in french so I want to practice on my English speaking friends first :).

1 comment:

Jen said...

I only speak french creole...and I do that poorly, so unless you are going to swap your trip to Paris with one to Haiti, then I'd not talk to me. but good luck!