Saturday, December 22, 2007

A Christmas to Remember

So it's our first Christmas in our new home and we have had so much fun decorating, baking, and making it feel all nice and cozy despite this 80 degree weather (cold front it heading in tonight whooo hooo!) I took a few pictures to share with my blog friends of our home this Christmas.
Welcome to our front door! I found the little French horn in the center on my first adventure to Round Top with my best friend Catherine.

I thought up this wreath wall project sometime in the summer and started collecting wreaths in different sizes, shapes and colors. I had so much fun with this project and I really like the outcome!

Wreath wall from a different angle. I am thinking of keeping it up all year round!

I love this little photo holder wreath. I got it at the Paper Suitcase closeout sale for $2!! It is the prefect little holder for all our Christmas cards.

My favorite decoration is our willow tree nativity scene. My mother-in-law gave this to us a few years ago. I have been collecting the angels since I was high school so this is such a special gift.

I've been struggling to find something suitable for this little nook since we moved in. It's kind of an odd shape because it comes to a point in the middle on the back wall. Here I stacked a few old books and put a glass vase filled with candles on top. I like it for now, but suggestions are always appreciated! The Noel sign was also found at Round Top. I cant wait for the spring Round Top!!

A few Christmas-ee odds and ends!

I love the word Noel! We are even considering it for a baby name...maybe a middle name!

Oh Christmas Tree! Oh Christmas Tree! How lovely are your fake branches. Yes we have a fake tree because Mike is allergic to ALL trees! But I love it despite it unauthenticness.

I hope you enjoyed my little Christmas Home Tour. Please stop by again. And have a very Merry Christmas! I love you all!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I love the tour! and I'm hoping to see it in person tomorrow!!!

Erin said...

I love your card wreath! That's awesome for $2! Looks very warm and cozy to me!!

Morgan said...

very cute! i like the wreaths, i think you should keep them up all year! merry christmas!

casey said...

i really like all your wreaths too. morgan showed me your christmas card, so so cute and clever! i may have to think of a clever photo for jason and me next year!!